Three-hour jewellery-making workshops at your event!
Bring the experience of handmade manufacturing to your venue anywhere in the greater New England region (and beyond, by negotiation), for 6 participants.
Learn the basics of fold-forming earrings, a cuff or a pendant in copper, and cold-connecting sterling-silver fasteners under skilled supervision. Participants choose from ‘seed pod’ earring designs and select their choice of shepherd’s hook or European-closed fasteners; and cold-connect rings and knot a leather necklet for pendants. Add freshwater pearls to your design if you’d like!
To make a booking please use the email form below. I will respond to your application ASAP.
- WHEN: Mobile workshops can be booked on Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays. Please nominate two preferred dates and I will contact you to let you know which is available.
- TIME: Workshops are 3 hours and can run in the morning or afternoon, or book 2 workshops, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- NUMBERS: Each workshop runs with a strict minimum/maximum of 6 participants. I’ll take the bookings and if all places are sold, I’ll be there to deliver a fun experience for your event! I’ll promote the workshops to my social media audience, but YOU are the key to advertising and selling all your booked workshop places.
- LOCATION: Your venue needs to be covered by public liability insurance.
- COST: $100 per person (includes copper, sterling-silver fasteners, leather necklet for pendants, freshwater pearls and my travel expenses).
- PAYMENT: Richard Moon will manage all bookings, which must be paid for by participants in advance. When booking, participants will be sent a booking request to pay by online bank transfer within a week to secure their place. Workshop payments are refundable up to five (5) working days prior to the booked date.
- CLOTHING: Participants should bring a work apron to protect their clothing.
- EQUIPMENT: Workshop organisers need to ensure the venue has sufficient, sturdy tables and chairs, and access to power. All other equipment will be provided by Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware.
- NOISE: Fold-forming metal involves a level of hammering noise during the middle part of the 3-hour workshop. Not large-scale industrial hammering, but periods of “ting, ting, ting”-type hammering as multiple participants forge their pieces. Workshop organisers may need to factor in a notice to neighbouring businesses or residents about this.
Before booking, please read my simple Terms & Conditions.
If you have queries about my workshops, please call my mobile number 0450 039 320, although bookings will need to be made using the email form above.